The importance of a Nursing and Midwifery Council certification
Any nurse or midwife practising in the UK must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) by law.
Only the highest quality services should be provided when it comes to your health, which is we strongly recommend to always check for this registration with your nurse or midwife.
This is a certification which requires high standards in all areas of nursing and midwifery. It is not just a one-off registration, as it must be frequently maintained and reviewed.
In this article we will cover the specifications of a NMC registration, what is involved in the code of conduct and how we incorporate this certification into our work at AJ Case Management.
What is the Nursing and Midwifery Council?
The NMC is an organisation that provides professionals with a certification that shows their high level of standards.
They specifically regulate nurses and midwives in the UK to ensure high standards are met for:
- Education and qualifications
- Appropriate conduct
- Ethical practice
The Nursing and Midwifery Council – what is the code of conduct?
There are many standards to follow when obtaining a NMC certification, here are a few:
- Treat all those you work with, including clients and employees, with respect, kindness and compassion
- Understand the importance of psychological health and not just physical
- Act in the best interests of people at all times
- Understand the importance of and practice confidentiality
- Share your skills, knowledge and experience with others so the best possible care can be received
- Maintain accurate and clear records of your work
- Maintain a safe and secure environment at all times
For more information, please feel free to read the complete Nursing and Midwifery Council code of conduct.
AJ Case Management Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration
The team at AJ Case Management is equipped with professional nurses and midwives that provide a wide range of skills and experience.
It is extremely important to us that we maintain the highest standards in nursing and midwifery and stay up to date with the latest practices and regulations.
Obtaining a Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration is a great way to do this.
This also allows us to build trust with clients and ensure you that we only provide the best services. We consider our core values in everything we do, so this is just one of the ways we show our genuine care for clients.